The Biblical Counseling ministry at BRAVE Church is a ministry to the hurting in full dependence on the Word of God, the Spirit of God, and the Community of God to experience transforming life change.
What is Biblical Counseling?
- Christ Centered (Colossians 1:15-20) – The person of Christ, His preeminence, the gift of His life given to us
- Biblically Grounded with Truth & Grace (John 1:14) – We get principles for life and godliness from the Bible and we want to give counsel that is a blend of both truth and grace.
- Spirit-led (John 6:63) – The real counselor is God who meets us through His Spirit. We want to be careful to give heed to His guidance and not simply let our experience dominate the direction for our counsel.
- Prayer Saturated (Colossians 4:2) – Humility and dependence on God are shown most clearly through prayer. We want to practice and model both humility and dependence throughout the counseling process.
- Community Based (Hebrews 10:24-25) – God calls us to live life in the context of His people. Care, encouragement, exhortation, and healing happen most fruitfully in the church community.