Meet BRAVE Church
We started meeting in Denver, Colorado in 2010. The mission of BRAVE Church is to make BRAVE disciples who glorify God. BRAVE is simply how we define a quality disciple of Jesus. BRAVE means…
Bold in faith
Resolute in identity
Authentic in community
Virtuous in character
Engaged in mission
We believe we are called to be and make BRAVE disciples of Jesus, and we are called to live our lives set apart for that purpose. We exist to reach the Greater Denver metro area and the world for Jesus Christ one person at a time by making BRAVE disciples in authentic community.
We are actively seeking to hire a Communication Director.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to our HR department with the following information:
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Working with BRAVE Church and ministry leaders to develop communication processes and define priorities to create an environment in which messages are communicated clearly, creatively and effectively.
- Creating, organizing, planning and implementing effective communication messages and strategies to church and community audiences. The communication director will support ministry leaders in conveying their vision and communication priorities to appropriate audiences.
- Serving as the “air traffic controller”, by gathering communication requests so that they are on time and on budget.
- Cultivating, leading and managing a team of communication ministry volunteers (writers, photographers, designers, developers, etc.).
- Creating new processes to collect stories of life-change within the church. Develop ways to creatively communicate those stories via video, interviews, social, etc.
- Facilitating proactive communication ideas, calendaring, both church wide and ministry-specific initiatives. This individual is a visionary with a contagious spirit to see how the church can be concise, clear and creative in their communications.
- Responsible for managing the website and app on a regular basis and making sure it’s up to date, assigning appropriate tasks accordingly.
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills. This individual serves as the first and last line approval for all things print and electronic, looking for clear communication, brand presence and consistency.
- The Communication director is always current on creative, communications and technological trends and looks for opportunities to use this information to more effectively communicate with the community and BRAVE Church family.
About the Communication Director
The Communication Director is part of the operational team at BRAVE Church and is responsible unifying, aligning and ensuring clear communications in all media channels. The Communication Director has a strong administrative and project management skill set, by ensuring that communications are of high quality and impact, created for both internal and external audiences.
The core responsibility of the Communication Director is to ensure that there is consistent communication across all media channels. This includes creating the workflows to implement effective communication across all the various media channels including, email, social media, and print.
This role has a strong emphasis on project management and administration by managing the communication calendar and workflows. Managing the design process, editing copy, giving constructive feedback on design assets and effective brand management are the day to day key responsibilities.
Lead and manage coordinators, assistants and volunteers to help implement communication strategies and tactics. This team could be asked to:
- Keep social media and website fresh and engaging
- Collect and tell stories of life change
- Photograph the members doing life on life discipleship in order to accurately document God at work across all ministries
- Help strategize and plan communication and marketing for ministry quarters
- Own and manage the church’s brand/identity
Education & Experience
The ideal candidate has a Bachelor’s degree, strong administration skillset, and experience in project management. We have a strong commitment to life-on-life discipleship so experience serving in the local church and being discipled is extremely helpful.
- Fill out application
- Background check