We are actively seeking to hire a finance administrator.
Please send your resume and cover letter to the our HR department with the following information:
- This position provides accounting support for multiple non-profit 503(c) organizations, processing all financial transactions (both receipts and accounts payables) implementing best practices for accounting policies and procedures. This position reports to and supports the Executive Pastor. It is full-time position with benefits.
- Process all contributions and receipts from various sources; verify, allocate and post to accounting software; prepare bank deposits.
- Process payroll
- Process all Accounts Payable, including manual and auto EFT; record in accounting software.
- Manage accounting General Journal entries (payroll, depreciation, etc).
- Produce timely financial reports: weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually.
- Manage contribution software and banking reconciliation.
- File quarterly sales tax; produce end of year 1099 for contract workers.
- Prepare annual auditing deliverables and act as liaison to audit professionals.
- Administer Employee Benefits process for Health, Life, FSA, Retirement and other benefits as directed.
- Maintain appropriate audit trails and financial documentations.
- Enforce compliance with insuring agencies (property, worker’s comp, etc).
- Tracks organization’s progress towards budget goals.
- A growing Christian faith and character marked by personal holiness, prayer, bible study, spiritual and emotional maturity and increasing dependence on the Holy Spirit (Titus 1:6-9, 1 Timothy 3:1-7).
- Unquestionable integrity specifically in areas of handling finances, relationships and time management.
- A servant’s heart and a spirit of submission, eagerness, flexibility, a teachable spirit and a sense of humor!
- Faithfully support the ministries of the church through stewardship of spiritual gifts, finances and time.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Flexible and comfortable with rapid change – a BRAVE Church must!
- At least three years’ office experience including handling receipts and accounts payable.
- Strong understanding of financial accounting, control, and reporting methods and standards within a non-profit environment.
- Welcoming, friendly disposition with solid people skills and strives for excellence in all work duties.
- A team player; able to effectively multitask projects and tasks.
- Exemplifies sound discretion and confidentiality in decision-making and interpersonal interactions.
- Effectively communicates with and relates to people of all ages and comfortable in interdenominational settings.
- Takes personal initiative in learning and maintains solid computer skills (the church contribution software, the church accounting software, MS Office, Internet Communications, etc.)
- Able to learn and effectively use both the church contribution software and the church accounting software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- In full agreement with and champions BRAVE Church’s four pillars.
- Supportive of the structure and leadership of BRAVE Church.
- Passionate about seeing others succeed.
- Microsoft Excel
- Strong understanding of financial accounting, control and reporting methods and standards within a non-profit environment.
Experience and Education Preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Salary and Benefits
- Compensation is commensurate based upon experience, and educational accomplishments.
- Fill out application
- Background check