I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Psalm 27:13
Dear BRAVE Church family,
We are writing to you with great certainty that our God is still on His throne and that none of the current challenges we are facing as a society have caught Him by surprise. As elders, we are confident that Jesus is continuing to build His church and that we have an excellent opportunity to share the love of Christ with our city. We honestly believe our best days are yet to come.
Yesterday we made some decisions with the best information we had at that time and have been following updates literally around the clock. Since those decisions, there have been more changes that have occurred. Most significantly, Governor Jared Polis mandated that there can be no assembly in Colorado with over 250 people and with seating distance of at least 6 feet apart. The purpose of this action results from research demonstrating a slowing of the spread of this virus. Pastor Jeff and some of our staff were on a call with the Governor earlier this afternoon and have plans to hear from him again next Thursday.
In light of all that we are learning, we have made some changes for this weekend. Again, these changes are for right now. We will continue to monitor the situation and are open to some different decisions moving forward. None of the decisions we are making are fun, but we are trusting God to use them for His glory. Please know that we desire to serve you and your families best.
Pastor Jeff will be sending out a video email with more information, but for now, here are some of the changes…
- ALL SERVICES at BRAVE Church will be held online. This means that we will not be opening our doors at either the Englewood or Broomfield campuses for attendance, but you will be able to watch via an online link. Again, at this point, we have only made that decision for this weekend.
- Pastor Jeff has canceled his speaking engagements to be back with us this weekend.
- Our worship team will be leading live worship online.
- We will have a chat room for you to post comments, ask questions and submit prayer requests during the service.
- You will also be able to make your financial contributions online as well.
- Children’s materials will be able to download here.
- Women’s Brunch has been canceled for this Saturday
- All weekly ministry from March 16-20 has been canceled as well
Again, these decisions have been very painful, but we are trusting the LORD to accomplish His good purposes through everything. Here are three things we are calling on from ALL of our BRAVE disciples to be committed to…
- PRAYER: This season should cause all of us to seek His face and cry out to Him for help. Prayer changes you and grows your intimacy with the LORD. God also hears our prayers and responds to cries for help.
- COMMUNITY: In seasons like this community and not isolation is needed more than ever. To the extent you can watch services in community rather than individually would be great. Perhaps you could worship together as a family, or maybe you can invite friends over to worship with you. However, the best way would be to worship with your small group. Sing the songs out loud, follow along in your Bible, engage in the chat room. Make this a worship experience. If you are not in a group, NOW would be the perfect time to connect with Mike Worley to find a group.
- LOVE: Look for opportunities to give to others freely. This is not a time to hide but to ask the LORD to show you the opportunities He has for you to demonstrate the love of Christ through all means available to you.
God clearly wants to get the attention of the world and let us know that He alone is worthy of all our praise! While we are not together in person this weekend, let’s worship Him together in spirit and celebrate the wonderful God we serve!
Thank you for your grace with us and our staff in this season.
YOU ARE LOVED
The Elders of BRAVE Church